Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Weekend Update"

...Not With Kevin Nealon.

Saturday surprised me, I went out to do errands with Mom. and everything became about Christmas.  We went to Carters to return some things. and Zoe "needed" some ruffle butt tights.  She has moved into her 6 months clothes. (I really can't believe it) and now has some dresses I can't wait to put on her. Carters being Carters has great holiday "outfits".  Now I know KK can appreciate the difference between a Halloween costume VS. a Halloween Outfit, So I am sure at least she understands the need for a Christmas "outfit" and a "Christmas Dress".  Well we are all set in Christmas outfit now we can look for her Christmas Dress
Okay, And this too.
And we cannot completely forget about Thanksgiving, it is her first and the bib is just too sweet.  It will also be the first time Bruno and I host Thanksgiving dinner.  (WHEN did I become an adult?)


Another errand was shopping for Hallmark Ornaments for the family.  This is a long standing tradition with my Mom.  I think my brother, John and I had more Ornaments then anyone who actually had homes and families by the time either of us were out of High School. I am very much looking forward to having a full size tree to display them this year.

Lastly, we went to Michaels.  Growing up, Our first stockings were ones my Mom made us so I couldn't resist the challenge of making Zoe's for her.  I am not a sewer.  I bought a kit and I think theres about 50 some odd pieces of felt to cut out along the way but I did get it started:


Sequins Sewn: I counted about 80 so far. 

I have never in my life thought about Christmas this early.  I am just beyond excited that this in Zoe's first Christmas.  and I know she wont remember it but we will. And I want to start traditions and carry on traditions for her so when she is older she can have her own special memories.

Today, was Great.  We did "nothing" (except sew sequins onto felt).  We just lounged, Bruno made some delicious pumpkin pancakes and watched football (Grr, Patriots, Grr).  It was so good for us, we needed it.  We actually marked it on the calendar so we wouldnt be tempted to make other plans.  Definetly recommend a forced "Nothing" Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment