For no real reason aside from a hunch and knowing it would be a sparring night, I stopped at a store on my way to work and bought a pregnancy test.
I was hardly "late" and wasnt even sure I was cause I rarely keep track. I figured it was just anxiety since it was the first month since Bruno and I had "pulled the Goalie" as we decided long ago Once we married we would "see what happens". Afterall, these things take time.
We were incredibly beyond words blessed.
I will never take lightly how lucky we were for what happened next.
At work, Yes in the bathroom at AKKA, I took the pregnancy test. I tried not to look as I waited the 2 minutes the results took, but those 2 pink lines were there before I had a chance not to look. It was unbelieveable.
I had no clue what to do with myself!!! I was in disbelief, and I couldnt tell Bruno for hours. I called my PCP and despite them assuring me at home test were very accurate and insisted I needed a blood test. Life changing events take more notification than something you buy at Wal-Mart, right? I couldnt even attempt to drink my coffee, pregnant women dont drink coffee and I was pregnant! I thought of all the things Pregant women shouldnt do that I had done since our wedding: drinks on the cruise, Rides at 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter' all which had signs warning Pregnant woman not to ride (which bruno pointed out jokingly or so we thought each time) and our usual Halloween festivties.
I wish I had thought of someone sweet memroable way to tell Bruno he was going to be a Dad. Nope, I put the test where he put his keys and stuff when he came home and just followed him around the apartment impatiently till he did, then when he did I walked away. Shock, Awe and "wow, really?" followed. Well, were on the same page.
The rest of the night we just sat and talked about how happy we were, how nervous we were, how lucky were. How "we" was going to be three. We joked about what the baby would be like, who we we would tell, when we would tell, kept checking to make sure we read the test right.
2 pink lines.
changed everything. And we couldnt be happier.
No comments:
Post a Comment