In the Summer of 2010, I made a big check on my Bucket List and completed my first Triathlon. I can honestly say I really enjoyed it. From the training snafus (I swam into a Boat), the people I met, the training, and beautiful area where the event was, it was just a great experience.
I was excited about the experience and the relay she and I were a part of later that summer I decided I set a goal to do 3 races in 2011. Well I spent the first half of the tri season of 2011 pregnant and the second half recovering from a unplanned C section and having a newborn. So that was out. and much better of course.
This fall I was on "the fb" and had an ad pop up for the DC triathlon.. and the price was going up that week! The courses run around the monument and its FLAT.. and its FLAT! Another call to Kelly.. Now "Aunt Dolan". I had a partner and I had B's blessing, it was on!
So here I go again! I've started training and I am for the most part very excited. I joined an awesome mentor group on BeginnerTriatlete.com and met up with the group for a 5k out in Foxboro. The 5k was bad, very bad but I am expected as much. I have another in March with them and hope to improve to 12 minute pace. Yes I will admit publicly I have to improve to a pace that by many people standards is a VERY bad race.
I have been back in the pool and really enjoying it, I dont know that I will take Masters classes again. For now I am taking advantage of the FREE MDC Pool around the corner. But I also know that it closes in May and apparently for random weeks in February but for now I am getting my swim on
The Bike... eh. I have been on the exercise bike at the Gym. My last tri, I rode my my bike maybe times but It could have been 2. That is something I have to improve on. Its the difficulty of biking that gets me. Its just really uncomfortable for me. The seat KILLS me, I may just go back to a mountain back. and I get REAL nervous about traffic, falling. a Bike crash can be really serious. But I got to put a better effort into. It really could make this race MUCH more successful.
Now about 3 races.. I think I am going to do. I have already emotionally committed to doing Sharons Back again just have to sign up. I would like to find a July race but I have to shop around a bit for a good fit for me.
This means, squeezing workouts in, time away from Zoe, riding a bike but I am embracing it. I think she is going to be really excited to go to DC and see Momma cross that finish line. (also DC means we get to Kelse, Greg, and Shannons!)
Also for the local triathlons... anyone want to join us?
No comments:
Post a Comment